Located on the Huntersville Campus, Hart Cottage is a three (3) bed home designed to meet the needs of adults with brain injuries who are independent with all activities of daily living (ADLs), yet need mild to moderate assistance and supervision to accomplish tasks and remain safe.
Hart Cottage provides residents with 24-hour, 7-days per week supervision and identified supports around personal care (grooming, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, etc.). The house is staffed based on 12 hour awake staff shifts. The day shift occurring between 6am-7pm, and the night shift occurring between 6pm-7am. We maintain a minimum of 3:1 resident to staff ratio.
Our friendly staff is also dedicated to helping residents maximize their potential and quality of life by providing opportunities for residents to improve their social, functional, and communication skills. Our residents in collaboration with our staff will plan social and recreational activities in-house and in the community. Our staff will also facilitate management of resident’s schedules, appointments, and medication administration.
Features and Amenities
Hart Cottage seeks to provide our residents with a holistic environment that is structured to meet all of their physical, safety, intellectual, cognitive, and social needs. Some of our unique features and amenities include:
- Hart Cottage is entirely handicap accessible
- Cable and wireless internet access throughout the house
- On-campus recreation building with billiards, air hockey, wii game system and ½ court indoor gym
- Participation in our on-site Day Program and Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program
- Accessibility to our trained staff of certified brain injury specialists