Puddin's Place is a state-of-the-art, 6-bed family care home for adults with traumatic or acquired brain injuries. This home is designed for and staffed to handle the complex needs of individuals who need moderate to maximum assistance with their daily living needs (ADLs).
Each resident will be encouraged to engage, interact and participate in the on-going activities of the Day Program. Each resident’s level of participation will be carefully designed to maximize their social interaction with and therapeutic benefit while at the same time being sensitive to their potentially higher level of assistance or special needs in daily living.
Puddin's Place is located on our Huntersville campus. The address is:
14645 Black Farms Rd.
Huntersville, N.C. 28078
Puddin’s Place provides 24-hour, 7-days per week personal care services (bathing, dressing, grooming, housekeeping, meal planning and preparation, etc.) and supervision. The house is staffed based on 12 hour awake staff shifts. The day shift occurring between 6am-7pm, and the night shift occurring between 6pm-7am. We maintain a minimum of 3:1 resident to staff ratio.
Our friendly staff is also dedicated to helping residents maximize their potential and quality of life by providing opportunities for residents to improve their social, functional, and communication skills. Our residents in collaboration with our staff will plan social and recreational activities in-house and in the community. Our staff will also facilitate management of resident’s schedules, appointments, and medication administration.
Each resident will have a spacious private room including a large walk-in closet. Every room is designed to have at least two large windows with a grand peaceful view of our 36-acre farm. Residents will share a bathroom with a maximum of two other residents and be given their own linen/toiletries cabinet for storage of their personal belongings. Our nutritious meal plans are purposely crafted to meet the specific dietary and health needs of each resident. All meals will be prepared with the highest quality whole foods including a variety of organic produce grown locally and here on the farm. In addition, each resident’s room and board will include utilities, housekeeping services, limited transportation, and access to our Day Program.
Features and Amenities
Puddin’s Place seeks to provide our residents with a holistic environment that is structured to meet all of their physical, safety, intellectual, cognitive, and social needs. Our house was truly built to feel like a home down to the meticulous details of architecture and interior design. Some of our unique features and amenities include:
- Puddin’s Place is entirely handicap accessible
- Cable and wireless internet access throughout the house
- Great Room for entertaining and group activities
- Large kitchen equipped with state-of-the-art appliances
- Spacious laundry room with two full size washers and dryers
- Private library with access to a computer, office equipment, phone/fax, and other office supplies
- Expansive screened in back porch overlooking a luscious garden of native flora and fauna designed to attract our local feathered friends
- On-campus recreation building with billiards, air hockey, wii game system and ½ court indoor gym
- Handicap accessible walking trails
- Participation in our on-site Day Program and Therapeutic Horseback Riding Program
- Accessibility to our trained staff of certified brain injury specialists